The Indian government introduced the ‘Tourist Visa on Arrival’ (TVoA) on January 1, 2010 initially for five countries on a trial basis. Currently this facility is available for citizens of 40 countries, though United Kingdom is not one of them. Because of the success of the scheme, it is likely to be extended to all the 150 countries of the world from August, 2015.
The TVoA has now been renamed as ‘E-Tourist Visa’ in order to remove the confusion that this type of visa can be obtained right away on arrival at an international airport in India without applying for it in advance.
The Basic Features/Requirements of the ‘Tourist Visa on Arrival’ or ‘e-Tourist Visa’ are:
- The person requiring this type of tourist visa should apply at Government of India’s online portal (https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/) minimum 4 days and maximum 30 days in advance of the travel, giving full travel details.
- Photograph: Upload a scanned copy of a recent, front-facing photograph with white background in ‘JPEG’ format.
- Passport Pages: Upload the scanned pages in ‘PDF’ format of the passport containing personal details and the validity date of the passport. The passport should have at least 6 months’ validity.
- Fees: Pay the required fee ($60, non-refundable) online using the credit or the debit card. The applicant can track the status of the application online.
- Should have tickets for return or onward journey, and enough money to meet the expenses during the visitor’s stay in India.
- Once approved, you receive the Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) through email.
- You should carry this ETA while travelling to India.
- Currently the TVoA facility is available at 9 designated international airports in India viz. Bangalore, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai and Trivandrum. This facility may soon be extended to some other international airports of tourist interest in India.
- The biometric details of the visitors will mandatorily be captured on arrival in India.
- The TVoA is valid for 30 days from the date of arrival. It cannot be extended or converted to another type during the visitor’s stay in India.
- TVoA is issued maximum for two visits in a calendar year for an individual.
- TVoA facility is in addition to other existing types of visa services.
- International travelers holding Pakistani passport or of Pakistani origin are not eligible for tourist visa on arrival. They should apply for regular visa from concerned Indian mission.
Further information/guidelines can be sought through email from ‘email@example.com’.
Complete assistance for all types of Indian visa applications can also be obtained from “http://indiavisaphotos.co.uk/”. This website’s ‘Photo Help’ feature gives informed guidance on the photographs required for submission in compliance with Indian High Commission’s latest instructions.
India Visa Photos have their studio conveniently located opposite the Indian Visa and Consular Application Centre in Bradford where you can get your best Indian Visa and Passport photos at unbeatable prices at your convenience.